Thursday, January 8, 2015

What's Next?

This past Sunday was my last day serving in Kids Ministry at the Green Campus. 
I began serving in Kids Ministry in 1996 and in Green specifically in 2003.  Through the past few years, I have had fewer and fewer connections in Green.  I find myself working in Hartville, living in Ellet and serving in Green.  I think this is too much for me now.

I need a bit more focus.  A more local flavor to my life if you will.  I have decided to leave my "mission field" for now and find a service opportunity closer to home. 

Although I have attended The Chapel since 1972 and rely on the integrity and spiritual strength of the leaders I'm not at all sure that simply moving over to the Akron campus is going to be the answer for me right now. 

I think we're going to visit, search, get acquainted with and pray about other churches.  After 40 years in one place it's going to be weird but let me just say this too, it will be fresh, exciting and interesting to see how other people worship, to see what other serving opportunities are in and around our city.  I am praying for God to get creative and I am not going to hinder his creativity by a name on the sign of the church. 

WHEREVER 2 or more are gathered, HE is THERE!  I can't wait to meet him there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment